Registration for Fall, 2006 coming in January!
Grace Presbyterian Church
Pre-School – Mother’s Day Out
Call – 205.655.0820 for more information
The Preschool/Mother’s Day Out Program at Grace Presbyterian Church is an extension of the ministry to the children and families of this church and an ourtreach to the children and families of this community. Children are a gift from God. We are given the privilege of guiding them as they grow through the most formative years of their lives. We are dedicated to assisting families in all areas of their child’s education: spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional. We believe that children learn best through play and a variety of hands-on experiences. Emphasis is placed on the whole child, and our goal is to provide experiences that will help the child develop to his/her potential as a child of God.
- To provide a positve environment in which the child will develop an interest in learning.
- To provide activities that are conducive to developing listening, vision, motor, and social skills.
- To aid the child in developing a positive self-image.
- To introduce cognitive material in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- To explore the world of the child through art, music, and nature.
- To recognize and celebrate certain religious and national holidays.
- To provide experiences that enhance religious awareness.
- To develop an awareness in the child of caring for God’s world.
It is hard to believe that half of the year is gone. Each and every day has been a joy. If you haven’t stopped by in awhile, come on in for a visit. The children would love to share songs, stories and art with you.
Special thanks to Dr. Hunter Pope and all of his office staff for allowing our 4 year old class to visit in January. We learned all about brushing our teeth and taking good care of them. The goody bags were a big hit. Thanks again, Dr. Pope!!!
Registration for the 2006-2007 is well underway. Many classes are completely full and have waiting lists. We are so excited about our expansion for the upcoming year. Watch for details about ways that YOU can get involved.
The children will all be celebrating Valentines Day with parties and lots of special activities this month.
In January, we were thrilled to welcome Sarah Stubbs to the Preschool/MDO staff. Sarah is caring for our babies on Tuesday and Thursday. Miss Dianne moved to the MWF three-year-old class.
Just a reminder, the Preschool/MDO will be closed February 17 and 20. Enjoy a wonderful long weekend with your family.